Retiring Well 2019 - September 23-24th - Sign up now!
September 23-24, 2019
ALL SPOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED
To join the waitlist, please contact Jeff Johnson.
There are many aspects of retirement that require planning at different stages of a clergyperson’s ministry. This two-day seminar provides vital information regarding the needs of clergy considering retirement within the next three to five years. We encourage spouses to join in making preparations for this milestone event in one’s (and his/her family’s) life.
Join Bishop Paul and Mrs. Janet Leeland, Dr. Mark King, Conference Treasurer/Benefits Officer and Mr. Dale Bryant, Benefits Administrator along with representatives from Wespath (formerly General Board of Pensions of the UMC) and a Certified Financial Planner for informative retirement planning.
Top 5 Things You Will Gain Insight Over Two Day Event:
- A holistic approach to planning for retirement.
- Wespath’s pension withdrawal options and one-on-one private consultations
- Tax planning and Social Security procedures.
- Health care preparation with the Conference’s retiree supplement plan.
- Fellowship with others who are contemplating retirement.
(includes one night’s lodging at the Huntersville Comfort Inn Suites, breakfast and program materials).
- Registration starts at 1pm on Monday and concludes 12pm on Tuesday.
- Price? $55 Single & $70 Couples and includes overnight lodging, program materials, and Tuesday breakfast.
Limited spaces available
Monday, September 23, 2019 at 1:00 PM to Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 12:00 PM
Huntersville Comfort Inn Suites
14510 Boulder Park Dr
Huntersville, NC 28078
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.