New remote worship training resources from United Methodist Communications
Amidst heightened demand, the United Methodist Communications training team has launched a new set of online courses designed to assist those in leadership tasked with creating and maintaining engaging online worship experiences in a socially distanced world.
The agency confirms a surge in church leader training interest as churches seek to keep members safe due to COVID-19 pandemic concerns. Their course demand has increased this year with United Methodist Communications assisting double the usual registrants by the end of the second quarter of 2020.
Online courses have been standard United Methodist Communications offerings for a number of years. Through online learning, over 10,000 global church leaders were trained in various communication topics between 2017 and 2019. Last year alone, the agency trained more than 3,000 church leaders from around the world. When in-person gatherings halted due to coronavirus, the communications agency responded immediately with new and updated training courses to educate local church clergy and leadership on how to effectively utilize technology to engage their congregations in a remote, virtual setting.
This summer, four new courses have been released:
- Communicating about Online Giving - offers effective ways to communicate about giving to have fruitful ministries. This training shares the tools you need to show why we give and how to give to the ongoing work of the church through online platforms
- Ministerio en los grupos de Facebook - provides a Spanish translation option for those wishing to use Facebook groups in their ministry efforts
- Leading Remote Worship - helps leaders start, continue or improve their technology use to provide meaningful remote worship experiences
- Recording Great Video - shares how to use technology churches may already own and a few accessories to start recording video for their ministry
Earlier in 2020, the team launched training on Adobe Rush, Effective Technology Tools for Churches and Zoom for Churches. These add to an already robust list that includes the popular Launching Your Church Website course that received an update this year.
These learning opportunities are part of the agency’s continued dedication to educate church staff and leaders to excel in ministry using communications efforts.
The United Methodist Communications’ training team offers affordable online courses, with professional instruction that works around church leaders’ schedules. They provide instruction on how to engage church members and seekers in a community, reach out beyond the church’s walls and share God’s love through the latest digital tools. Their learning bundles offer three unique courses focused on a central theme of communication to help leaders chart a plan to meet their congregation’s communication needs.
About United Methodist Communications
As the communications agency for The United Methodist Church, United Methodist Communications seeks to increase awareness and visibility of the denomination in communities and nations around the globe. United Methodist Communications also offers services, tools and resources for communications ministry. Find them online at ResourceUMC.org/umcom.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.