Means of Grace: Smoky Mountain District - Pursuing Community & Racial Justice
Smoky Mountain District: Pursuing Community and Racial Justice - Episode No. 63
In this episode, Director of Communications Melissa McGill catches up with the Smoky Mountain District as part of our ongoing series highlighting the incredible ministry of our districts. District Superintendent Rev. Linda Kelly, District Vitality Associate Rev. Nicole Jones and Communications Coordinator Rev. D’Andre Ash share about how the Spirit is moving in their district around racial justice, ministries during the pandemic and more.
Means of Grace has transitioned to episodes twice a month for the summer and we hope you’ll continue to follow along. Have any story ideas or topics you would like us to cover? Send a note to Melissa McGill, WNCC Director of Communications.
Show Notes - Episode 63:
Connect with the Smoky Mountain District online:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/smokymountainumc
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/smokymountaindistrict/
- Website: https://www.smokymountaindistrict.org
- Juneteenth Event: https://www.facebook.com/juneteenthfreedomcelebrationwnc
- C4C http://wnccumc.org/c4c
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.