Means of Grace: Partnerships, Vitality, and Mission - The Uwharrie District
Partnerships, Vitality, and Mission: The Uwharrie District - Episode No. 46
In this episode, Kim Ingram visits with Uwharrie District leaders: Rev. Laura Auten, District Superintendent, Rev. Katie Lineberger, District Vitality Associate; Rev. Kris Mares, Missional Engagement Associate. We hear stories of how churches in the Uwharrie District are reaching their communities, discover a new way to engage statistical reporting as a sign of church vitality, and learn some about the unique characteristics of the Uwharrie Region in North Carolina.
Show Notes - Episode No. 46
- Uwharrie District website
- Vitality Markers
- Vitality Markers Discussion Guide
- Fictitious UMC Vitality Marker Worksheet
- Rev. Fredrick Bowman, District Vitality Associate in the Catawba Valley District, Dr. Stephanie Moore Hand, District Vitality Associate in the Metro District, and Rev. Dan Pezet, Director of Church Development host a discussion on the Simplified Structure in the 2021 Leadership Training Webinar Series
- Kris Mares’ Mission Engagement blog: Mission Engagement Blog Post - Year in Review
- Listen to Means of Grace: Moving Worship Outdoors, which reflects on one of the ministries of a church in the Uwharrie District that is highlighted in this episode.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.