Launching Worship Workshop
Church Development is offering a workshop for clergy leaders on launching a new worship service.
This workshop is designed for clergy leaders who:
- Are planning to launch a new worship service in the next few years.
- Did not learn how to launch new worship services in seminary.
- Have a current worship service that is 70% full or more.
- Want to learn how to reach new people by adding a worship service.
Tuesday, January 7
Wesley Memorial UMC
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Thursday, January 9
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Cost: $15 per person, lunch included
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.