General Conference Update
We know that some are pleased with this outcome and others are saddened and in deep pain. Let us show love and care toward one another as a visible witness that ALL people are valued and of sacred worth.
On Friday, March 1, Bishop Leeland and the leaders of our Western North Carolina delegation, Jennifer Davis and Kim Ingram, will share a video message to our Conference on what happened and what’s next.
Bishop Leeland will also gather with our districts for a time of worship and Holy Communion in March and April.
- March 3, 1:30 p.m. at First UMC Hendersonville – Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountain Districts
- March 10, 2:00 p.m. at Assurance UMC in Huntersville – Metro District
- March 16, 10:00 a.m. at Main Street UMC Kernersville – Northern Piedmont and Yadkin Valley Districts
- March 31, 3:00 p.m. at St. Luke’s UMC in Hickory – Catawba Valley and Appalachian Districts
- April 6, 10:00 a.m. at Central UMC in Albemarle – Uwharrie District
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.