Cycle to Lake Junaluska 2018
June 18-20, 2018
You are invited to join in the 5th Annual Cycle to Lake Junaluska which will take place Monday, June 18 to Wednesday, June 20, 2018. Join us as we pedal to Lake Junaluska in a 3-day fully supported charity bicycle ride that benefits the campus ministries of our conference. The C2LJ Team has been hard at work to set up a 145 mile route with amazing host sites.
- Day 1 will start in Hickory, NC at Christ UMC on Monday, June 18 and cycle to Rutherfordton, NC. For the second year First United Methodist Church be our host site. This route is 57 miles on beautiful rural roads in the heart of the Piedmont.
- Day 2 will take us from Rutherfordton to East Flat Rock on a journey of 40 miles. It is our shortest day and will conclude with with a 2 mile climb up the picturesque Saluda grade on Pearson Falls Road and over the Eastern Continental Divide. Our host site for the second year will be Hope UMC. The evening will include time to relax or to walk around the historic downtown of nearby Hendersonville.
- Day 3 concludes the journey with a 49 mile route to Lake Junaluska, NC. The course will take us north along the French Broad River to the west side of Asheville and on towards Lake J. We conclude the ride with a celebration meal at the hall near the swimming pool where you can use the showers before heading home.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.