Applications Now Accepted for Intentional Growth Center Grants
For over 40 years the Intentional Growth Center (an agency of the SEJ UMC) was housed at Lake Junaluska, NC and provided continuing education and in-person growth opportunities for clergy and laity across the southeast. The IGC has now transitioned into a grant-funding organization that will enable and support ministries designed and sponsored by other organizations. The application process for 2021 grants is now open, with an application deadline of February 15, 2021, and grants expected to be awarded in May of 2021.
Grant applications should focus on educational events or programs that increase pastoral and congregational effectiveness. Preference will be given to projects that meet one or more of these funding priorities:
- Ministries and programs that strengthen church leadership (lay or clergy), especially those that train leaders for collaborative, community-based ministry in the settings where the leaders live.
- Ministries and programs that strengthen Christian discipleship, music, worship, or the church’s witness and innovation across the community.
- Ministries and programs that meet a special need not commonly addressed by other organizations.
- Ministries and programs affiliated with Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center.
- Ministries and programs that draw diverse audiences (with regards to age, race, gender, orientation, identity, socioeconomic status, etc.) to Lake Junaluska.
- Both virtual and in-person ministries will be given consideration.
More information and application forms can be found at the IGC website:
The Intentional Growth Center looks forward to developing new ministry partners throughout the Southeastern Jurisdiction as together we increase Christian discipleship and develop church leaders.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.