WEEKLY UPDATE 082517
- World Communion Sunday is October 1
- Extended Cabinet meets and looks at discipleship processes
- Laity Sunday is October 15th
- Racial Awakening
- Choir Director & Pianist
- Youth Pastor
- Director of Discipleship and staffing
- Director of Youth Ministries
- Director of Children’s and Family Ministries
- The Elephant in the Sanctuary: An Introduction to Missional Entrepreneurship- September 9, 2017
- Bishop Minerva G. Carcaño at Wake Forest Divinity School- September 26, 2017
- Updates to Smoky Mountain District Lay Servant Training Sep 8 & 9 | Sep 23 & 30
E-NewsLatest ENews: View the August 15th edition
Next issue is August 29, 2017
See the past issues at the ARCHIVES
Conference Blog 2.0– this week’s blog
Kel Billings- Unlearning and Learning
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.