WEEKLY UPDATE 021017
- Big Sigh Ministries offers Grace Break Workshops in 2017
- Pfeiffer University-Charlotte welcomes Rev. Dr. Timothy S. Moore as associate dean and campus and continuing education coordinator
- Building Teams Updates
- Upcoming Webinars for Clergy and Church Finances
- Youth Pastor/Director
- Director of Children’s Ministry and Christian Education
- Administrative Assistant
- Facilities Manager
- Director of Youth & Family Ministries
- Appalachian District – Take Thou Authority- March 23
- Ignite US- Middle School Retreat- April 28-30
- Local Pastors Retreat – April 28-30 (updated-registration open)
- Celebrating Ministry with Youth Events
Northern Piedmont Event- February 18
Metro Event- March 4
Uwharrie Event- March 18
- Safe Sanctuary Training- March 18
- A Conversation with Robert Jones, Ph.D.
Sunday, March 12, 3:00 pm Covenant Community Church, Asheville Presented by WaterRock Institute & The Blue Ridge District of the WNCC
Monday, March 13, 9:30 am The Duke Endowment, Charlotte Presented by WaterRock Institute and The Duke EndowmentPAGES CHANGED
Central Congo Partners (many updates)
Lay Servant Ministries (updated a district contact)
LEAD (new opportunities added regularly)
E-NewsLatest ENews: View the January 31 mobile edition View the Full Version Next issue is February 14, 2017 See the past issues at the ARCHIVES
Conference BlogConference Blog 2.0– this week’s blog by Nancy Rankin- Gifts We So Desperately Need
UM ConnectWednesdays at 11AM: CONNECT- On iTunes 1/18- James Burroughs 1/25- Luke Edwards (replay) 2/1- Julia Trantham (replay) 2/8- Brian Milford (replay) Past Shows | Cultivated Clips from Connect
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.