Connectional Table meets for evaluative session
[caption id="attachment_9870" align="aligncenter" width="800"] Bob Wilhoit (L) giving his report at Connectional Table while David Snipes (R) listens[/caption] The Western North Carolina Conference Connectional Table met for its quarterly meeting on Saturday, July 22, at the United Methodist Foundation in Huntersville. The focus for this meeting was evaluation of conference ministries to ensure alignment with the mission of the church. The Connectional Table’s purpose, based on the Conference Plan of Organization and Rules of Order, is to “connect the ministries and resources of the Annual Conference in order to increase and strengthen the number of vital congregations and conference entities and to coordinate, promote, and encourage the development of faithful disciples and fruitful leaders across the conference so that, lives and communities are transformed by the power of God.” The Connectional Table has agreed to:
- Lead our conference into new and emerging ministries that keep faith with our Kingdom journey.
- Evaluate and reflect on our work regularly for the purpose of readjusting the path forward.
- Align our resources and make realistic recommendations for financial assistance to embrace our ministry.
- Camping and Retreat Ministries
- Campus Ministry
- Conference Council on Youth Ministry
- Council on Finance and Administration
- Board of Trustees
- United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY: