GC2016 May 16- UPDATE
Mercy - Compassion - Love . . . all components of General Conference worship this morning. Bishop Harvey, Bishop Torio, and Bishop Wenner will all be wearing stoles I was commissioned to create for General Conference. I am most grateful for this sacred opportunity to pray for these Bishops and their ministry during the creative process.If you happened to miss it, Bishop Goodpaster presided over the Monday morning plenary at General Conference- [caption id="attachment_5928" align="aligncenter" width="450"] Photo by Sally Queen on Monday morning[/caption] Andrew Woods is a reserve delegate from the Western North Carolina Conference. He finished his Masters of Divinity at Duke Divinity School before coming to General Conference. He missed his graduation ceremony last Saturday. Here is his story. [AUDIO} Selected News Stories
- May 16 wrap-up: Week Two begins with elections, celebrations, protests
- Hearing the plea: Safe water for all
- GC2016 plenary pauses for Black Lives Matter demonstration
- Clergy-related petitions pass GC2016
- Harvey: ‘Wear the robe like it matters’
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.