The Church of the Resurrection Leadership Institute 2016
LEAWOOD, KS – The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection announced today that registration is now open for Leadership Institute 2016, held September 29-30 (Pre-Institute September 28)
at the Leawood, Kansas campus.
Churches are invited to bring their ministry leaders to one of the largest mainline church leadership events in the country, bringing together leaders who share a passion for renewing the local church. Over the past 18 years, more than 25,000 leaders have returned to their congregations and communities ready to lead with impact, vitality, excellence, passion and boldness after participating at Leadership Institute. Year over year, church leaders return to Leadership Institute, bringing a team in order to expand the impact of practical leadership principles and inspirational and visionary teaching with a spirit of renewal.
The event will feature:
- Plenary sessions led by Senior Pastor Adam Hamilton, taking participants to Egypt to explore Essential Lessons for Leaders from the Life of Moses
- Keynote session with Haydn Shaw, a leading generational expert, sharing insights on how the church can effectively navigate generational differences and reach 5 unique generations
- An Evening of Praise and Worship with guest preacher Bishop Will Willimon and Resurrection’s traditional choir and orchestra
- Over 80 ministry specific workshops offered in a variety of ministry areas, led by Resurrection staff and guest speakers
- Pre-Institute Sessions on Wednesday, Sept 28 for in-depth learning led by leading practitioners
- Fellowship, networking, and encouragement
Details and registration can be found at li.cor.org
. Super Early Bird Deadline is July 13. Workshops fill quickly, so register today for the best rates and availability.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection is located at 13720 Roe Avenue, Leawood, Kansas. It also has locations in Olathe, Blue Springs and downtown Kansas City. Resurrection is the largest Methodist church in the country with over 20,000 members. For additional information about the church, please visit the web site: www.cor.org.
Resources for Vital Congregations
Lewis Center for Church Leadership
Lewis Center for Church Leadership: Books
Lewis Center for Church Leadership: Serve Your Neighbor
GBHEM Leadership Resources
Living Faithfully: Human Sexuality and the United Methodist Church
Englewood Book Review
Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations
Ted Talks: The Golden Circle
Ted Talks: The Power of Vulnerability
Ted Talks: The Price of Invulnerability
Meditations on the Ministry of All Christians
Be A Disciple
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
Lewis Center for Church Leadership: Adult Christian Studies from the Wesley Ministry Network
Traveling Together: A Guide for Disciple Forming Congregations
Living As United Methodist Christians
Methodist Doctrine: The Essentials
Reclaiming our Wesleyan Tradition: John Wesley’s Sermons for Today
John Wesley Sermons: Anthology
Get Their Name
Evangelism & Theology in the Wesleyan Spirit
Canoeing the Mountains
Fresh Expressions: Dinner Church
Lewis Center for Church Leadership: Reach New Disciples
Lewis Center for Church Leadership: 50 Ways to Reach People
Community: The Structure of Belonging
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
Institute for Emerging Issues
Congregations 4 Children
The Royce and Jane Reynolds Ministry Fund Grants
The Duke Endowment
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.