WEEKLY UPDATE 092316
- New conference treasurer visits the districts in October
- It is Time to Break New Ground
- Giving Tuesday is November 29th
- Welcome events for Bishop Paul and Janet Leeland scheduled for October
- The Sacrament of the Moment
- Chief Executive Officer
- Human Resources/Office Manager
- Director of Youth Ministries
- Church Musician
- Director of Music
- Director of Christian Education
- Systems Support Associate
- Database Support Associate
Welcome Events for Bishop Leeland
Conference Treasurer Visits
Sunday, October 2: Smoky Mountain District, Place: Foundation for Evangelism, Lake Junaluska, Time: 2:30 pm
Tuesday, October 4: Appalachian District, Millers Creek UMC, Time 10:00 am
Wednesday, October 5: Uwharrie District, Place: Pfeiffer University, Time: 2:30 pm
Wednesday, October 12: Blue Ridge District, Black Mountain UMC, Time: 2:00 pm
- Celebrating Ministry with Youth- October 22
- Safe Sanctuary Training- October 22
- Leadership Summit- November 19
- Giving Tuesday- November 29
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.