Pfeiffer Youth Theological Institute Taking Applications
- Summer 2016 we will welcome twelve (12) students (rising 10th through 12th grades), In subsequent years, we will host 36 students and will have three placement sites for Week 2 of the program.
- We are seeking students in the classes of 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Again, the primary purpose of the grant is to further theological discernment and exploration for high school youth, and we believe we’ve designed a program that will equip, challenge and grow the students who attend. We’ll have daily experiential learning opportunities, classroom experiences, worship and fellowship.
- Dates for the program are July 10-24, 2016. Deadline for application is May 27, 2016.
- A $75 deposit is due at the time of application which is non-refundable if the applicant is selected. The total cost for the two weeks is $300, and we’re hopeful that the student’s faith community will be a significant contributor to the expense.
- This year, students will spend a week on the Misenheimer campus engaging study and local ministry opportunities, followed by a week in Asheville working with the Missional Wisdom Foundation, http://missionalwisdom.com/academy/clarify/. We believe the program’s focus on eco-stewardship, Wesleyan Theology and intentional community makes this program a unique and worthwhile opportunity.
- Here is the link for more information and on-line application -- pfeiffer.edu/yeti.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.