WEEKLY UPDATE 120916
- Explore taking applications for 2017
- Summary: Cabinet Meeting November 28-29
- United Methodist Men create endowment fund
- Advent message from the Commission on a Way Forward
- 2017 LEAD Conference scheduled for Jan. 22-25 in Charlotte
- Big News from the WNCC Fishin’ Hole!
- Martin Luther King, Jr. celebration set for Jan. 14, 2017
No new events addedPAGE CHANGES
Publications-ENews Archive (every two weeks)
Media Page (updated weekly)OTHER
E-NewsLatest ENews: View the December 6 mobile edition View the Full Version Next issue is December 20 See the past issues at the ARCHIVES
Conference BlogConference Blog 2.0– this week’s blog by Sarah Howell- Live in the Light
UM ConnectWednesdays at 11AM: CONNECT- On iTunes 11/2- Jeremy Troxler (replay) 11/9- Mark King (replay) 11/16- Bishop Ken Carter (replay) 11/29- Dan Wunderlich (replay) 12/07- Diron Chloe (replay) Past Shows | Cultivated Clips from Connect
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.