WEEKLY UPDATE 120216
- An open letter from the Justice and Reconciliation Team
- Fires devastate Gatlinburg in Holston Conference
- Federal Judge Temporarily Halts Overtime Rule: Here’s how to proceed
- Leadership Summit fosters broad conversations
- November progress report from the moderators of a Way Forward
- Music Director
- Lead Storyteller
- Administrative Assistant
- Director of Youth Ministries
- Outreach Pastor
Christmas in Ireland Concert (Brevard)- December 10
2017 Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration- January 14
ERT Training Events- January 14
Two New Mission Opportunities:
E-NewsLatest ENews: View the November 22nd mobile edition View the Full Version (download document to your computer to eliminate red box on page 3) Next issue is December 6 See the past issues at the ARCHIVES
Conference BlogConference Blog 2.0– this week’s blog by Duke Ison- How the Light Comes In
UM ConnectWednesdays at 11AM: CONNECT- On iTunes 10/26- George Mitrovich 11/2- Jeremy Troxler (replay) 11/9- Mark King (replay) 11/16- Bishop Ken Carter (replay) 11/29- Dan Wunderlich (replay) Past Shows | Cultivated Clips from Connect
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.