Leadership Development Grants Awarded
- Academy for Leadership Excellence – a three day North Carolina Preaching Festival in Partnership with the NCC office of Ministry Relations, ncpreachingfestival.org
- Big Sigh Ministries – Grace Break, one day workshop for planning a renewal leave, contact Rev. Jacqueline E. Tookey, http://leadwncc.org/grace-break-workshop/
- Center for Emotional Intelligence and Human Relations (EQ-HR) – A week long EQ-HR workshop, Roy Oswald http://www.eqhrcenter.org/2016/01/09/hickory-nc-may-9-13-2016/
- Davidson Centre for the Professions (Davidson Clergy Center) – a five-day clergy program of assessment, renewal and self-care specifically during times of transition, contact Gordon Jacobs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LJM Consulting Group, LLC – a one day workshop using the Workplace Big Five Profile; Personality and Ministry Effectiveness: Understanding Your Leadership Style, contact John Crane, email@example.com
- Ministry Development Services – Vocational Counseling and Assessment programs which nurture, counsel and assist pastors and church leaders, contact Katherine M. Hudspeth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preaching Conference – Festival of Homiletics preaching conference for Residency in Ordained Ministry participants, contact Rev. Sally Queen, email@example.com
- Willow Equine Assisted Therapy – Clergy Professional Development Seminars; EAGALA modality of group psycho-educational learning, contact Rev. Mary P. Kinken, firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.