WEEKLY UPDATE 102816
- WNC Conference scholars contribute to new book on the Eucharist
- Reminders about Clergy Compensation
- Council of Bishops Names 32 Commission Members
- Recap- Cabinet Meeting- October 17-19
- Executive Director
- Director of Youth Ministries
- Director of Music
- Minster/ Director of Youth Ministries
- Church Pianist
- Retreat- Local pastors and members of other denominations- April 28, 2017
Supplies (call for flood buckets)
ERT Deployment Page (new opportunities in Eastern North Carolina)
Disaster Response Committee (updated addresses, etc.)Appalachian District (updates) CONNECT! Creating a Culture of Relationships that Matter (Vital- New Blog Post)
E-NewsLatest ENews: View the October 25th mobile edition View the Full Version Next issue is November 8 See the past issues at the ARCHIVES
Conference BlogConference Blog 2.0– this week’s blog by Duke Ison- How Can They Hear without a Preacher?
UM ConnectWednesdays at 11AM: CONNECT- On iTunes 10/05- Innocent Justice 10/12- Bishop Lawrence McCleskey 10/19- Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove 10/26- George Mitrovich Past Shows | Cultivated Clips from Connect
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.