WEEKLY UPDATE 090916
- A Just Resolution has been reached
- Reception honoring the Rev. Bob Combs
- 2017 apportionments now available online
- Local initiative grants available
- Nadia Bolz-Weber to speak at Lake Junaluska
Changes with the website - If you have not read the explanation, this is the article that ran on August 31st when the changes were made. We are working to have new looks on all of our associated sites in the coming weeks. Please take a look at the United Methodist Branding Toolkit for more explanation, and for getting your own logos for your local church/organization.
Conference Blog 2.0– this week’s blog by Top 3 Blogs of 2016- Why won’t my church grow?- Paul Brown, What the church can learn from the Carolina Panthers- Burt Williams, No, I am not leaving the church- A.J. Thomas
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.