Important Announcements from Treasury Services
- The cutoff for apportionment remittances for 2015 has been set through action of Annual Conference in June as Monday, January 11, 2016 at 3 pm. All apportionment remittances for 2015 (in order to be counted in 2015) must be received by the Conference office by this date and time. Please remember that there is a high volume of mail over the holidays, so, if your remittance is mailed toward the end of the prior week, you may want to verify its receipt through your church’s online statement found at the administrative website at your church’s page.
- Also, related to apportionment remittances, please review these online statements mentioned above for any overpayments that have been made. These cannot be transferred between years, but can be refunded. However, no refunds will be provided after the cutoff date above.
- Statistical reporting is also right around the corner! Ezra will be opened the week after Christmas, so look for the information on our conference and administrative websites regarding your access to the program. For 2015 reporting, Conference deadlines have been set for Thursday, January 21, 2016. As these statistics will be provided along with other information for appointment-making by the Cabinet at their first meeting starting February 15, this allows for review by District and Conference staff, along with preparation by our Systems group and the Cabinet members. [see article]
- Additionally, related to statistics, many clergy and treasurers asked for videos to aid in the preparation, review, and understanding of the statistical package and reporting. We have completed a series of six videos regarding the statistical package, preparation, and review techniques. There is also a PowerPoint presentation included for your notes or guide during the video. You can access these videos by clicking this weblink: http://wnccumc.org/statistical-reporting-webinar/
- Finally, as it relates to the Flexible Spending Plan for the clergy…….additional information will be forthcoming the week after Christmas. Due to incomplete information from our clergy and churches and the recent discovery of the need for one additional form to complete, debit cards will be delayed in getting to our participants. Each is still enrolled, but will need to save receipts for the first month. Again, more detailed information will be provided the week after Christmas on this item, including the participating agreement for the churches. [see email]
- One last item……..Form 1095 reporting for the Affordable Care Act (ACA). For many of you, this will not apply. However, for our churches who are an applicable large employer (i.e., employing 50 or more FTEs), as you have been informed, Form 1095-Cs will be required on each of your employees, including the pastor. The Conference will be able to provide the information for this reporting for your clergy person. We will be contacting those churches who we believe may have 50 or more FTEs regarding this reporting in the coming two weeks. (If you would like to do so earlier, please feel free to contact either Dale Bryant or myself via email.) [see email]
End of Year Communication Email (12/31/15)
Statistical Reporting for 2015 is Open! (12/31/15)
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.