Leadership Development Team Awards Nearly $50,000 in Grants
- School of the Spirit – a one year school of Spiritual Formation led by Ann Starrette, Director of Spiritual Formation, Davidson UMC
- Pastoral Leadership Consultation Group – an experiential learning emphasizing conflict management & congregational system leadership led by Mark Larson of the Methodist Counseling & Consultation Services
- Creating a Culture of Renewal – a comprehensive approach to self-awareness leadership and ministry. Master the vital interplay between group dynamics, congregational culture and communication led by Rebekah Simon-Peter, Director of BridgeWorks
- Leading into Change – a 2 day retreat for deacons & church staff members to learn the Multiplying Ministries curriculum taught by Brian Zehr of Intentional Impact.
- Leadership & Personality – a 1 day conference to learn one’s personality profile and the impact of personality on leadership style and effectiveness led by John Crane of LJM Consulting Group, LLC.
- Children’s Ministry Cohort – a covenantal learning group for Children’s Ministers sponsored by Discipleship Ministries, Caroline Wood
- Creative Conflict Management Tools – a 6 month course on leading and dealing with conflict effectively; Patricia K. Suggs
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.