WEEKLY UPDATE- 041715
- SpiritUS Registration is Open for 2015
- Communications Tips from MyCom
- Loans and Scholarships for United Methodist Students
- Mission Connection Canceled
- 5 Ways to Better Equip Vital Congregations
- Bishop and Cabinet Announce New Superintendents
- Deep Blue Kids Curriculum Previews in Smoky Mountain District
- Director of Worship Arts Ministries
- Contemporary Worship Leader
- Director of Music Ministries
- Office Administrator/Financial Secretary
- Music Director
- Pastor/Director of Family Ministry
- Director of Music
- Clinic Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
Latest Cultivated Clip from Connect:
Latest ENews: View the April 7th edition Next issue is Tuesday, April 21st See the past issues at the ARCHIVES
Wednesdays at 11AM: CONNECT- Connecting United Methodists and their stories Now on iTunes 4/15 David Snipes | 4/22 Stephanie Moore Hand 4/29 Tonya Lanier | 5/6 Greg Jones
Dates Submitted by Kim Ingram (see CALENDAR) (Leadership Development, Ministerial Services, Conference Business) 2015 May 7 INVE$T YC at Rural Hill in Huntersville May 18-20 Called and Gifted to Lead Workshop at Lake Junaluska May 10-21 Licensing School and Orientation to Ministry at Lake Junaluska June 17-21 Annual Conference at Lake Junaluska July 10-11 Candidacy Retreat in Gastonia, NC July Course of Study for Local Pastors at Duke Aug. 27-28 INVE$T YC in Asheville September 17 Leadership Development Team meeting at office Sept 21-23 Called and Gifted to Lead Workshop at Lake Junaluska Oct. 6-8 Adaptive Leadership Workshop in Hickory Nov 2 Board of Ordained Ministry meeting Nov. 5 INVE$T YC Nov. 6-7 Candidacy Retreat in Gastonia Nov. 17 Elders Day Apart Nov. 24 Leadership Development Team meeting Dec. 1-3 Called and Gifted to Lead Workshop in Hickory Dec. 14-17 dCOM interviews 2016 Jan. 25-28 dCOM interviews Feb 1-4 Board of Ordained Ministry Full Connection interviews Feb. 11 INVE$T YC Feb. 29-March 3 Board of Ordained Ministry Provisional Member Interviews April 4-7 dCOM interviews April 21-23 Local Pastors Retreat May 10-20 General Conference May 16-26 Licensing School and Orientation to Ministry June 15-19 Annual Conference July 13-15 Southeastern Jurisdictional Conference
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.