Loans and Scholarships for United Methodist Students
- Borrower must be an active, full member of a United Methodist Church for at least one year prior to application.
- Borrower must be at least 18 to complete the application process.
- Borrower must be enrolled in an accredited school at least half-time.
- Borrower must have a cosigner for this loan. The cosigner will be contacted and required to complete a portion to the application.
- Students may borrow up to $5,000 per calendar year for a maximum total loan of $20,000.
- The maximum repayment term for all loans is 120 monthly payments (10 years). Both borrower and cosigner must maintain a good credit history and give permission for their credit to be reviewed.
- Loans are granted on a first-come, first served basis, until all funds are exhausted.
- Simple interest (non-capitalized) is applied to the annual percentage rate from the choices below. This means interest is charged on the principal portion only and not compounded on top of existing interest.
- On deferred loans, all payments are applied first to accrued interest until it is satisfied and then to the loan principal.
- More information
2015 Spring/Summer Loan Applications close May 5 2015 Fall Loan Applications open May 1, close November 5 Scholarship notifications will be sent in July via emailLOANS PAGE FAQ’s
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.