Lake Junaluska Summer Youth Events “Prepare the Way”
- June 11-14: Celia Whitler, Abbye West Pates
- *June 14-18: Chris Hughes, Abbye West Pates
- June 18-21: Kevin Wright, TransMission
- *June 21-25: Ciona Rouse and Lanecia Rouse Tinsley, Second Hand City
- June 25-28: Shane Claiborne and Tiffany Knowlin, Second Hand City
- NEW! July 2-5: Amena Brown and Lindsay Popper, The Adam Courtney Band *Modified program and includes July 4th Celebrations
- *July 5-9: Lane Davis, The Adam Courtney Band
- July 9-12: Steve Cheyney, The Adam Courtney Band
- *July 12-16: Andy Lambert, Second Hand City
- July 16-19: Duffy Robbins, Second Hand City
*Includes Stop Hunger Now mission project.“Lake Junaluska has offered spiritual formation retreats for more than 100 years,” said Jennifer Martin, Director of Program Ministries at Lake Junaluska. “The mountains of North Carolina are the perfect place for young people to grow closer to God.” Registration is now open. Packages include dinner on the first night through breakfast on the last day, housing, and program. Three night event packages are $245 per person and four night event packages are $317/person. For those making their own housing and food arrangements, the cost is $105/person for weekends and $120/person for weeks. Register by March 15 to receive a $100 credit for your group. For more information, please visit www.lakejunaluska.com/summer-youth , or call 828-454-6682 for reservations. For more programming information, contact Jennifer McSwain Martin, Director of Program Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-454-6716. Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center is an agency of the Southeastern Jurisdiction of The United Methodist Church. The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian Hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind, and body.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.