WEEKLY UPDATE- 011615
- Housing Information for AC 2015 [published 01/16/15]
- Lay Delegates to General Conference Information [published 01/16/15]
- C2LJ (Cycle to Lake Junaluska) [published 01/16/15]
- 2015 Spear MInisterial Scholarship Fund
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: Conference Statistical Reports are due by Friday, January 23, 2015
- Pastor's Response to Domestic Violence (January 21)
- Lunch Q&A with Shane Stanford (February 16)
- Responsible Outreach Conference (February 20-21)
- MyCom Newsletter- January 2015
- A Letter to Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Applications Open for Scandinavian Caravan 2015
- Responsible Outreach Conference Offered by Duke Divinity School
- Mother of Bishop Kammerer Passed Away on January 9th
- Confirmation Events Filling Up
- Worship Leader
- Director of Youth Ministries
- Director of Children’s Ministries
- Director of Youth Ministry
- Worship Leader
- Share these posts on social media with your friends and local church by using the “share” link at the bottom of the post (or Retweet on Twitter)
- Encourage your friends and church members to “Like” our Facebook page and to “Follow” us on Twitter. This will give them access to our news feed, and they in turn can share information with others very easily.
- Anytime you go to the full news article, calendar event, or career listing on our website, there are share buttons at the bottom to easily share with others—not only through Facebook, Twitter or Email, but dozens of possibilities.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.