2021 Project Agape Christmas Boxes
Donations will be accepted on Monday, September 27th through Friday, October 1st. Donations will be picked up and taken to the MRC on Tuesday, October 5th.
Christmas Box Instructions & Packing List
1. Please use only plastic shoe size (6 qt.) boxes with lids. An example of this is made by Sterilite Plastic Box. Please do not use a cardboard shoe box, it cannot be accepted. The plastic boxes with lids will be useful in other ways to the children and their families.
2. Feel free to include in your box a note of greeting and encouragement. You may want to include a picture of yourself or a group in your church. Also, if you want to correspond with the child who receives your box, please include your postal address.
3. Please enclose $5 in cash or check for transportation costs for each box. Checks are to be made out to:
a. FOR WNCC CONFERENCE: “WNCC Treasurer” and mark “AGAPE-Xmas Boxes,” on the memo line. Checks may be mailed WNCC Treasury Services, Project AGAPE, PO Box 2757, Huntersville, NC 28070-2757 OR given to your local church treasurer who may then send a single check using the address and instructions listed above. Boxes should be delivered to the Mission Response Center or included in the district’s AGAPE collections.
b. FOR NCC CONFERENCE: “NC Conference” & marked for Agape Christmas Boxes. Checks may be placed inside of the box ON TOP of the gift items or mailed to NC Conference, PO Box 890202, Charlotte, NC 28289-0202. All boxes should be taken to the MERCI Mission Warehouse at 676 Community Drive in Goldsboro. Many Districts will have drop-off points in those Districts. Special deliveries can be arranged by contacting Bill Haddock at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 910-262-3831. All boxes and items for the boxes are needed at the MERCI Warehouse no later than October 1, 2020.
4. Please choose the age level and sex of the child for whom you want to prepare a box. Fill the box as specified below. LIST EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR BOX AND THE AMOUNT USING THE CHECK LIST AND TAPE IT SECURELY TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. If you add anything that is not listed, please write it in under “other.” Wrap box with 3 rubber bands to secure the lid.
For Packing Lists & Drop-off Site Locations visit: https://www.wnccumc.org/project-agape
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.