Reporting Historical Changes for the 2021 Journal
The Conference Office is working to pull together information for the 2021 Journal, and as in years past, is requesting churches to report data on church and parsonage renovations, remodeling, new buildings, dedications, etc. that took place over the past year (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021). For your reference, a copy of the 2020 Journal Historical Data pages gives examples of information reported in the past.
- Examples of Question #6: Churches Remodeled could be:
- Replaced roof
- Remodeled restrooms to be handicapped-accessible
- Remodeled chancel; painted and carpeted sanctuary
- Installed sump pump
- Other questions include:
- Dedications / consecrations
- Parsonage changes, such as purchase or building, remodeling, or selling a parsonage.
- "all other changes" are often activities such as paving the parking lot, installing a new AV/media system, or purchasing assets like a plot of land or 15-passenger van
- If in doubt about whether to include something, please do!
- If you don't have anything to report, no need to submit a form!
To make this quick and easy, we have created an online form to share these changes. Please complete the form at:
Please submit the online form by Sunday, August 15, 2021.
If you had no changes at your church or parsonage, please do not submit the form! If you have questions, please contact your district office!
We know 2021 has been a strange and difficult year in many ways, so we look forward to hearing about these positive events in the life of your church!
Thank you for your help!
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.