Faith into Action: Advocating for Children in NC
Congregations4Children (WNCCUMC), Western NC CAN (Child Advocacy Network), and NC Child invite you to Faith into Action: Advocating for Children in NC on May 6th from 1 to 2 p.m.
Adam Sotak, Public Engagement Director for NC Child, and Greg Borom, Advocacy Director for Children First – Communities In Schools of Buncombe County will share their experience and expertise related to child advocacy. During this one-hour virtual session, components will include:
- an overview and explanation of the legislative process in NC;
- current status and needs regarding funding for child and family programs; and
- steps to activate congregations and community partners.
Register for the webinar here.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.