Help Sessions for Clergy Moving in a Crazy Time
- How do you say good-bye and hello without being in the physical presence of those you care about in ministry?
- How do you step into the stream of alternative worship with tools that may be different than those you currently deploy?
- What is a cottage meeting when one can not go into someone’s home?
- What does building trust look like when you at a distance?
Each cohort has no more than 8 people so everyone will has a chance to ask questions and contribute to the dialogue. In our time together we will talk about creative ‘socially distant” ways to leave your current setting well, honoring the time you have journeyed with you congregations and how to enter your new setting in an appointment move unlike any other.
Our sessions thus far have become creative conversations in which we see how God uses the wisdom of the many to create something new. We hope you will join us.
Please click on the link to the session that works best for you to register and we will see you soon.
May 28 Help Session for Clergy Moving in a Crazy Time (Session 1) - Steve James - 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm (ET) - https://steve-pip.zohobookings.com/#/customer/3980471000000097151
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
The Appalachian District Church Vitality Team has been prayerfully seeking ways to help support you and the ministries of your local congregation during this COVID-19 pandemic. Together they have diligently researched and connected with others throughout the conference and our denomination to identify resources and offer them to you. We hope they will be helpful to you and bless you greatly in leading your churches and communities through this unprecedented time. We are very grateful to the District Vitality Team and other contributors for their great work on this resource.
This faithful team has created three documents, two of which you are receiving today. They include:
- Family Home Worship – designed to help families establish a regular worship space within their homes as well as a time where they can worship together.
- Tech Strategies – to help guide you in selecting effective tools and resources within your budget to best communicate in the digital world.
We believe these resources will be of great benefit to you. Also know that the District Vitality Team is available to answer any questions you might have in regards to the documents attached. If you have questions, you may email Rev. Howard Fleming at email@example.com.