Grow Your Preaching Skills
There will be three preaching cohorts offered early in 2020 led by experienced and inspiring preachers. Each will include 6 sessions meeting once a month from January – June 2020. Descriptions and links:
- with Rev. Ashley Crowder Stanley in Asheville
- The goals of this peer learning experience are to grow in our understanding, practice, and perspective of preaching so that our preaching will be enriched and our sermons will find deeper connections with the hearts of our parishioners. And to grow in our understanding of ourselves as preachers.
- with Rev. Talbot Davis in Charlotte
- Simple is the opposite of simplistic. Sermons with clear & unmistakable focus are best able to plumb the depths not only of Gospel beauty but of congregants’ lives. As Mr. Rogers once said, “Life is truly deep and simple but what society offers is shallow and complex.”
- led by Dr. Melva Sampson in Winston-Salem
- Margins are “radical spaces of openness and creativity” that are conducive to transformational preaching and listening.
Resources for Vital Congregations
GBHEM Leadership Resources
A Disciple’s Path; A Guide for United Methodist
RESOURCES TO CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY: